- Jite Attends Okowa's Reception, Says Okowa Came, Saw and Conquered.
- UYLA congratulates Aguariavwodo, Ahon on appointments
- Oborevwori greets Mike Adiotomre at 85
- FUEL SCARCITY: OBOREVWORI CAUTIONS FUEL MARKETERS AGAINST HOARDING, PRICE HIKE
- BE PASSIONATELY COMMITTED TO YOUR DUTIES, AHON URGES GOVERNOR'S PRESS CREW
Super Eagles drop seven places in latest FIFA Ranking
The Super Eagles of Nigeria have dropped seven places in the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, released on Thursday, August 12.
The result published on FIFA’s official website shows Nigeria is now 34th globally and are now in fifth place in Africa. The ranking comes after Nigeria’s last three matches where they had two losses.
While Liberia moved up three spots to 150, Central Africa Republic and Cape Verde dropped to 123rd and 77th positions respectively.
The Teranga Lions of Senegal remain Africa’s number one team and 21st in the world and Tunisia are second on the continent and occupy 28th on the global ranking.
In-form Algeria climbed 12 places to 30th in the world and third in Africa and Morocco are now 32nd and fourth in Africa.
Belgium remain at number one, Brazil are second, France third, England fourth and Euro 2020 winners Italy are fifth.
In sixth place is Argentina, the seventh spot has Spain while Portugal, Mexico and USA are eight, ninth and tenth respectively.