- Ubiomo Congratulates Oborevwori As Governor Of Delta State
- Jite Congratulates Uparan As Newly Inaugurated President General of Udu Kingdom.
- Adjogbe Foundation approves scholarship for BA Linguistics/Urhobo students in DELSU
- Oborevwori extols Douye Diri at 64
- Jite Attends Okowa's Reception, Says Okowa Came, Saw and Conquered.
URHOBO YOUTH LEADERS CONDEMN EXCLUSION OF URHOBO FROM NDDC BOARD
The Urhobo Youth Leaders Association, UYLA has condemned the exclusion of qualified Urhobo sons and daughters from the list of Board members of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC submitted by President Muhammadu Buhari to the National Assembly yesterday.
In a statement by UYLA’s Acting President, Olorogun (Amb) Samuel Onoriode Oghotomo, JP and Secretary, Olorogun Augustine Ogheneovo Atiti described the act as daylight robbery and slap on the Urhobo people as the largest oil and gas producing ethnic group in the Niger Delta.
The group totally rejected the new list and warned of its consequences if the National Assembly failed to reject the screening and approving the list without an Urhobo as the Managing Director.
UYLA further reiterated its resolve to fight the injustice of the APC’s Federal Government on the Urhobo Nation and called on the Deputy Senate President, Sen Ovie Omo-Agege and Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Olorogun Festus Keyamo, SAN to immediately intervene and prevail on Buhari to include an Urhobo as the Managing Director of the NDDC Board.