- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
*** We will miss his penchant for excellence
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship standardbearer and Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori, has expressed his condolence over the demise of the Owhorode of Olomu Kingdom, His Royal Majesty, Ovie Richard Layeguen Ogbon, Ogoni-Oghoro 1. He was 106 years old.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr.Dennis Otu, the Speaker said that “with the passing of the monarch, we lost one of our oldest and finest traditional rulers in the country whose contributions to peace and unity cannot be forgotten even after his death.”
According to him, the late monarch was a man of impressive character and a devout Christian, whose humility and simplicity rank among his greatest virtues.
” Let me use the opportunity offered by this moment to extend my condolences to the people of Olomu Kingdom, Ughelli South and Indeed the Council of Traditional Rulers and Urhobo Nation on the demise of the Owhorode”, he said.
The PDP Governorship Candidate noted that the royal father’s penchant for excellence and strict adherence to the Urhobo culture will be missed and prayed that Almighty God should grant the departed soul eternal and peaceful rest and comfort all those he left behind.