- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) is set to win the March 18 governorship election in Delta State.
Though there are pockets of defection of its old members to the All Progressives Congress (APC), it will not affect the PDP’s victory song because elections are won by the people and not the aggrieved members of a party. The PDP stands a better chance to win the election because the people are interested in the adequate preparation of PDP’s Guber Candidate, Rt Hon Sheriff Francis Orohwedor Oborevwori to do more for Deltans.
Oborevwori will embark on massive infrastructure development and human capital development. Industrialization, growing the economy through microcredit to small businesses and maintaining the peace and security in the State.
The youths have the confident that the party, PDP will win, come March 18. So, even if 50 to 100 or more old takers decamp to APC, it will not affect the party because Deltans know that the defectors are working not for the overall good of the State but for their selfish interests.
Deltans wouldn’t want the APC to replicate the maladministration at the federal government in the past 8 years that has brought poverty upon the country at the state level.
PDP is the only party with a well articulated agenda to develop Delta State. The rotation arrangement will also ensure that the next governor of Delta State after Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori will be from Delta South Senatorial District.