- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
Edwin Clark, convener of the Pan-Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF), says Sheriff Oborevwori, governor of Delta, has started his tenure well by awarding some contracts in Warri.
In an open letter to the governor, Clark listed the contracts as the proposed construction of a flyover at the Enerhen junction to Marine gate and the expansion of DSC/NPA expressway from Effurun roundabout to the Delta Steel Complex (DSC) round-about, among others.
“I write to express on behalf of the people of Warri and elders of Warri referred to as ‘WARRI BOYS’ our gratitude and appreciation for the great plan you have for the rehabilitation and urban renewal of our hometown, Warri/Effurun,” he wrote.
“Particularly, the recent award of some major contracts to a reputable company such as Julius Berger in the sum of N78 billion is a show of your sincerity of purpose.
“Indeed, I understand that part payment has been made to the contractors.”
Clark said he is sure that when the projects are completed, they will bring joy and satisfaction to the inhabitants of the old Delta province and return the old glory of Warri.
“It is obvious that you have started your tenure very well and I am confident you will extend this pattern to other major towns in the state,” he added.
“Already, I understand that you have awarded similar contracts for work in some of the Federal highways connecting some of the major towns.
“I do hope that these would all be carried out by reputable contractors so that the fate which befell your predecessors of a string of uncompleted jobs will not repeat itself