- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
By Anita Uche Chukwuma – Ugbejie
Delta State Government (DTSG) has warned against indiscriminate burning of bush as the yuletide season approached in the state.
The Commissioner for Environment in the state, Chief Godspower Omafuvwe Asiuwhu , stated this in Asaba, the state capital.
The commissioner said that it was the desire of our Workaholic State Governor and Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator (Dr) Ifeanyi OKowa, to continue to ensure comfortable and sustainable environment for Deltans and residents in the state, particularly during the present festive yuletide season.
Asiuwhu stated that the act of reckless bush burning was not only unlawful, but destructive as it had caused a lot of destruction to lives, properties, animals, arable lands and economic crops, resulting in desert encroachment, deforestation and climate change.
Chief Asiuwhu enjoined members of the public to shun bush burning, especially as the Harmattan season had set in.
“The State Ministry of Environment wishes all Deltans and residents in the state a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year in a sustained environment,” the commissioner added.
Thank you and God bless.