- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
Delta State Governor-Elect, Rt. Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori has congratulated Mr Tony Elumelu, CFR on the auspicious occasion of his 60th birthday. In a congratulatory message to the Delta-born banker and serial entrepreneur, Oborevwori lauded Mr Elumelu for his industry, creativity, and pacesetting role in the transformation of the Nigerian banking sector. According to the Governor-Elect, Elumelu has etched his name on the sands of time with his brilliance, can-do spirit, trailblazing strides, and commitment to empowering the next generation with entrepreneurial skills and financial support through the Tony Elumelu Foundation.
“Dear Tony, on behalf of my family, I rejoice with you and your family on this occasion,” Oborevwori said. “At 60, you have garnered a lifetime of successes and achievements.
“I recall that as one of the forerunners of the new generation banks, you set new standards with the Standard Trust Bank that radically altered the Nigerian banking landscape for the best – a testament to your vision, innovation, business savvy, and leadership qualities.
“Even more significantly, you are giving back to society in a big way having reached the zenith of your profession as Chairman of the United Bank for Africa. The Tony Elumelu Foundation continues to positively impact the lives of thousands of our youths through entrepreneurship training and support packages.
“We are very proud of you in Delta. And I pray that God’s favour and blessing will continue to rest upon you to do MORE for the youth of Nigeria and Africa.
“I wish you many more years in good health, strength, and vitality.”