- UUC Congratulates Blessyn Brume-Ataguba On Confirmation As Federal Commissioner Appreciates President Tinubu Over Appointment
- UNCLE FRED: SOARING ON A SOLITARY WING
- Ukodhiko felicitates ex-Reps Minority Leader, Ndudi Elumelu at 59
- UYLA commends Oborevwori over relocation of two Faculties to Orerokpe
- Ukodhiko congratulates business-mogul Eta Enahoro at 61
Says Widows are so dear to Governor Okowa..
The prosperity for all Deltans and stronger Delta mantra of His Excellency, Sen Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, the incoming Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has been felt by all Deltans especially the poor of the poorest in the State.
Speaking to news men in Asaba, Dr Isioma Okonta, State Coordinator, Widows Welfare Scheme/ Technical Head, World Bank D-Cares livelihood unit asserted that widows are integral part of the society, they are so dear to Dr Ifeanyi Okowa and their rights and welfares is paramount to him.
Dr Okonta Said Governor Ifeanyi Okowa in his kind gesture has approved and instructed that a certain number of Widows that are still young and energetic should be train in verious trades and ahold be empowered with Starter-packs to enable them cater for their families.
It will be recall that Governor Okowa has is the only Governor that is paying poor and vulnerable widows monthly stipend with free health care services in approved government hospitals across the State.
Okowa Social investment programmes has continue to lift poor and vulnerable Deltans from abject poverty.
Before now, widows have been neglected, subjected to so many illtreatment by family members and I can boldly say that the issues of widows in Delta State are now at the front burner of Governor Okowa he noted.
Okowa’s Phenomenon, Widows Alert.