- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
- Arhiyor commends Oborevwori for donating land for Union's secretariat
- Urhobo youth leaders congratulate Arhiyor on his emergence as Chairman, NURTW
Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly and State PDP Governorship Candidate for the 2023 governorship Election, Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori, has expressed grief over the demise of the first female Okpe Council Boss, Hon (Chief) Elizabeth Omare Obukene (JP).
Hon. (Chief) Obukene was Okpe Council Boss from 1991 to 1993 and died December 20th, 2022 at 79 years.
In a Press Statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Dennis Otu, the Speaker described her as a consummate politician who served her people diligently as Okpe Council Boss and even after leaving office.
While describing her death as a painful one, the Speaker who is also the National Deputy Chairman of the Conference of Speakers of State Legislatures of Nigeria, said that; ” We have lost a great and committed politician of our time. An iroko tree has fallen. She was a force to be reckoned with. She served her people passionately, her type is rare”.
” No doubt, death has robbed us of a visionary leader and
a peace maker and we are going to miss her greatly, but we are consoled that she lived an examplary life. May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace and May God comfort the loved ones she left behind”, the Speaker said.