- Ukodhiko congratulates business-mogul Eta Enahoro at 61
- Karo Goru Commends Onajite Brown For Finishing Strong With Legacy Projects.
- Community Leaders in Ese Odo, Ondo State, Demand Increased Surveillance on Chief Bibopiri Ajube and Associates"
- Udu PDP Media Team welcomes Delta State Executive Governor to Udu.
- IYC Writes Tinubu Over Relocation Of IOCs Headquarters, Hardship, Imminent Revolution
By Uche Chukwuma
Delta State Commissioner for Environment, Chief Godspower Omafuvwe Asiuwhu sealed a gas plant No 12 Malekwe Street in Ika North East Boji, Boji, Owa Delta State.
The commissioner, who was accompanied on the exercise by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Environment, Dr Minnie Oseji, and the Chairman of Ika North East Local Government, Hon. Victor Eboka warned that stiffer sanctions would be meted on the company if the seal was broken.
Asuiwhu also warned staff and management of affected gas plant, HANDESKIA Oil and Gas Limited, to desist from causing havoc to residents of the host community.
He said that their activities posed ecological and health threat to students of Mary Mount College, Agbor situated in the environs.
Frowning at the unruly behaviour of staff of the gas company, he said that the state government would not condone any attempt by the company to unseal the premises.
While commending the council chairman for his effort, he said that a task force would be set up to monitor the activities of the gas company after it had been sealed up to ensure they did not return back to business.
On his part, the Local Government Chairman, Victor Ebonka, said that upon sealing up the gas company twice, they had gone back to unseal the premises.
Ebonka said since the activities carried out were endangering the lives of residents, there was every need to seal up the gas company and put a stop to all their activities.