- Ukodhiko congratulates business-mogul Eta Enahoro at 61
- Karo Goru Commends Onajite Brown For Finishing Strong With Legacy Projects.
- Community Leaders in Ese Odo, Ondo State, Demand Increased Surveillance on Chief Bibopiri Ajube and Associates"
- Udu PDP Media Team welcomes Delta State Executive Governor to Udu.
- IYC Writes Tinubu Over Relocation Of IOCs Headquarters, Hardship, Imminent Revolution
By: Uche Anita Chukwuma
Delta State Commissioner for Environment, Chief Godspower Omafuvwe Asiuwhu has held a meeting in his office in Asaba with the leadership of the TAUNGYA Farmers in the state.
Speaking during the meeting, Chief Godstime Agidotan, who led the farmers, congratulated the commissioner on his new appointment and stated some of their challenges to include encroachment of the forest reserves by unauthorised persons and incessant attacks by herdsmen in the state.
He requested the commissioner to address the issues facing them and appreciated the state governor, Senator (Dr) Ifeanyi Okowa, for the immense development of the Agriculture sector of the state economy.
Responding, the commissioner said that the state government would look into the issues raised and take a proactive action to address the situation.
He added that the state government had always promoted the growth of Agriculture and would always support farmers in the state.
He advised farmers to work closely with the Ministry of Environment in the state.