- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
By Moses Darah, Amman
August 15, 2022
The Delta State Chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN has assured Deltans of the Peoples’ Democratic Party’s (PDP) Vice Presidential Candidate, Sen. Dr. Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa’s readiness to provide and protect Christians’ welfare and ensure the growth of the church in Aso-Rock when elected in 2023.
Delta State CAN Chairman, Apostle (Hon) Sylvanus Okorote made the disclosure during the monthly devotion of the 2022 Delta State Contingent in Grand Palace Hotel, Amman in Jordan jointly led by the State Commissioner, Bureau for Special Duties, Chief Johnbull Edema; his Culture and Tourism counterpart, Hon Lawrence Ejiofor; the Chairman, Delta State Pilgrims Welfare Board, Arch Bishop Cyril Odutemu; Executive Secretary of the Board, Revd Apostle Samuel Okoh and First Member of the Board, Very Rev Dr Christopher Ekabo, JP.
According to Okorote who is also the Special Adviser on Religious Affairs to the Governor of Delta State, stated that “When Okowa assumed office in 2015, we led the Executive of Delta State CAN to meet him in Government House, Asaba on the need to ensure the continuous sponsorship of christians to the Holy Land of Israel. Then, he gave his words and kept the promise till date. As you can see, our neighboring States like Edo and Rivers have stopped sponsoring Christians for this all important spiritual exercise”.
Okorote further led the pilgrims to pray for electoral success for the Ekwueme of Nigeria.