- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
Delta State Governor and Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has advised Nigerian youths to shun aspirations borne out of desperation.
The Governor gave the advice at the 2022 International Youth Week Thanksgiving Service which held on Sunday at St Phillip’s Anglican Church, Asaba and called on the youths to shun desperation but rather aspire to attain reasonable goals driven by self development.
Represented by the State Commissioner for Economic Planning, Dr. Barry Pere-Gbe, Okowa said that the youths remain key stakeholders in his administration and urged them to embrace the numerous policies and programmes designed for them in the state.
Commissioner for Youth Development Comrade Ifeanyi Egwunyenga said the thanksgiving service was organized by the Ministry to kickstart activities outlined for the 2022 International Youth Week.
He lauded Governor Okowa for his support to youths in the state pledging that the Ministry would continue to champion programmes for their overall benefit.
Present at the thanksgiving included the First Lady of Delta State, Dame Edith Okowa, Oshimili South LGA Chairman Hon.Kelvin Ezenyili Honorable Commissioners, Governor’s Appointees on Youth Development,State Chairman National Youth Council of Nigeria, Delta State Chapter, Mr. Kenneth Okorie, and other Critical Youth Stakeholders.