- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
Governor of Delta state and Vice-Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Sen. Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has called on the police authorities to investigate alleged attacks on electoral officers in Ukwuani and other parts of the state in Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly elections.
State Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu in a statement in Asaba said Governor Okowa had directed police authorities in the state to investigate the alleged attacks on INEC officials conducting elections in the state.
Aniagwu said it was preposterous to attack officials sent by INEC to conduct elections and warned that the state government would no longer tolerate such behaviours especially in a democratic society.
The Commissioner also reacted to a trending picture on Social Media platforms where the Governor was seen being prayed for before the commencement of the general elections and called on the general public to discountenance whatever meaning being attributed to the picture as it was a figment of the imagination of the purveyors.
Commissioner for Information
27th February, 2023