- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
By Diana Oluwole
The Chairman of Udu Local Government Council, Hon. Jite Brown, has condemned in strong terms the recent statement made by Egbetamah Collins of the All Progressive Congress (APC), wherein he referred to his victory as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Udu Constituency at the state House of Assembly at the Election Petition Tribunal as a “cash and carry judgement”.
Hon.Jite made this known in a press statement through his Press Secretary, Henry Ubuvwerorose.
Hon. Jite in the statement described the comments by Egbetamah as a lack of respect for the judiciary, democracy and the people of Udu, stating that labeling a thoroughly considered judgment as “cash and carry” is baseless and also a grave disrespect to the judiciary.
Jite further declared that the judgement was a product of careful consideration, grounded on evidence as presented before the tribunal and also a true reflection of the will and choice of the Udu people.
Hon. Jite, therefore, called on Egbetamah to seek redress by appealing against the verdict, if not satisfied with it, rather than disrespecting the judiciary and democracy.