- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
…. Promises bottom-up approach.
The Commissioner representing Udu, Ughelli South, Uvwie and Urhobos of Warri South LGAs on the Board of the Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC, Hon. Goru Karo Jonathan has reiterated his resolve to deliver from “day one” as DESOPADEC’s new commissioner so as to win the trust of his mandate area despite the current hardship in the country.
Hon. Goru made this remark during his welcome party organized by his Ogbe – Udu community on the 6th of July, 2023 at the Ogbe – Udu Primary School open field.
Basking in the euphoria of his new appointment, the Commissioner promised to deliver on his mandate and run an all inclusive government, he reassured the people that he will adopt the bottom – up approach, an approach that works from the grassroots, from a large number of people working together, causing a decision to arise from their joint involvement.
Appealing to the people to pray for a successful tenure for him, he also promised to bring the dividends of democracy to the grass root taking into cognizance, the fact that the Urhobo ethnic nation is host to many oil wells.