- UNCLE FRED: SOARING ON A SOLITARY WING
- Ukodhiko felicitates ex-Reps Minority Leader, Ndudi Elumelu at 59
- UYLA commends Oborevwori over relocation of two Faculties to Orerokpe
- Ukodhiko congratulates business-mogul Eta Enahoro at 61
- Karo Goru Commends Onajite Brown For Finishing Strong With Legacy Projects.
The US Supreme Court on Friday ended the right to abortion in a seismic ruling that shreds half a century of constitutional protections on one of the most divisive and bitterly fought issues in American political life.
The conservative-dominated court overturned the landmark 1973 “Roe v Wade” decision that enshrined a woman’s right to an abortion, saying that individual states can now permit or restrict the procedure themselves.
“The Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; Roe and Casey are overruled; and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the people and their elected representatives,” the court said.
In the majority opinion, Justice Samuel Alito said “abortion presents a profound moral issue on which Americans hold sharply conflicting views.
“The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion,” he said. Source Vanguard Newspaper