- Ukodhiko congratulates business-mogul Eta Enahoro at 61
- Karo Goru Commends Onajite Brown For Finishing Strong With Legacy Projects.
- Community Leaders in Ese Odo, Ondo State, Demand Increased Surveillance on Chief Bibopiri Ajube and Associates"
- Udu PDP Media Team welcomes Delta State Executive Governor to Udu.
- IYC Writes Tinubu Over Relocation Of IOCs Headquarters, Hardship, Imminent Revolution
The Delta State Government has assured air travelers using the Asaba International Airport of their security and safety at all times.
The Secretary to the Delta State Government (SSG), Chief Patrick Ukah, gave the assurance when he commissioned four patrol vehicles provided by the Asaba Airport Company for the security personnel in the airport.
Chief Ukah noted that the decision of the state government to concession the airport was the right step taken as it had reduced some financial burden on the government.
He said by the concessioning, funds had been freed up for the government to carry out more infrastructural development in the state as it was costing it a lot to maintain the airport.
The SSG said because of the importance the government placed in the security in and around the airport, it awarded a contract for the construction of the perimeter road around the airport.
He said this will enable the security personnel to effectively patrol the airport on a twenty-four hour basis.
Chief Ukah admonished the various security personnel that were given the patrol vehicles to ensure that they use them for the purpose for which they were given and not for their personal use.
Earlier, the Executive Director, Government Relations, Asaba Airport Company, Mr. Okechukwu Nelson-Moore, said the company decided to provide the patrol vehicles for the security personnel in the airport in order to aid them to effectively carry out their duties of patrolling the airport.