- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
By Moses Darah
The Urhobo Youth Leaders’ Association (UYLA) has pledged its total support for the MORE agenda of the Governor Sheriff Oborevwori’s administration.
UYLA made the commitment on Monday, 25th September, 2023 during a courtesy call to the Delta State Commissioner for Oil and Gas, Olorogun Vincent Oyibode, JP and his counterpart, Comrade Weyinmi Agbateyiniro, Commissioner for Youth Development in Asaba.
Oyibode who was UYLA’s pioneer secretary and BOT member, described the Oborevwori’s administration as “our own” and outlined various policies of the Oil and Gas Ministry that would ensure the advancement of the MORE agenda for the benefits of UYLA’s members and Deltans.
On his part, Agbateyiniro as the President of the Itsekiri National Youth Council (INYC) was happy that Itsekiri was the first ethnic nationality to embrace the UYLA’s position that “it was the turn of the Urhobo people in Delta Central Senatorial District to produce the Governor of Delta State from 2023 to 2031”. He assured UYLA that the doors of his Ministry are opened to embrace all the youths of Delta State.
UYLA’s National President, Olorogun (Amb) Samuel Onoriode Oghotomo (JP) congratulated the two Commissioners on their well-deserved appointment and presented beautiful framed photographs to them.
On behalf of UYLA’s women wing, the women leader, Chief (Hon) Mrs Alaska Mercy Awhana presented a new branded wrapper to the Youth’s Commissioner, Agbateyiniro as official outfit for the upcoming UPU’s Annual Convention in December at Urhobo Cultural Centre, Ovwiamuge-Agbarho.