- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
***Promises to do more empowerment subsequently.
There was celebration and encomium galore in Udu during the early hours of today as the DESOPADEC Commissioner representing Udu, Ughelli South, Uvwie and Urhobos of Warri South, Hon. Jonathan Karo Goru, earmarked 60 persons for empowerment through the avenue of DESOPADEC. According to him, it’s part of effort aimed at bringing dividends of democracy to the people and as well to mark Rt. Hon. Sheriff oborevwori’s 100days in office as Governor of Delta State.
During the occasion, the DESOPADEC Commissioner admonished the beneficiaries to be good ambassadors of the Delta State government and do well to promote the government’s policies at every given opportunity. He also said that the occasion is part of effort to ameliorate the economic hardship birthed by the removal of Fuel Subsidy. He thereafter appealed to non-beneficiaries present to excercise patience as more empowerment programs are on the way.
Several beneficiaries who spoke poured encomium on the benefactor and reemphasized their confidence in the leadership of Hon. Goru thereby thanking him for finding them worthy enough to benefit from the scheme. They as well promised to be faithful to the PDP and be good ambassadors of the current administration. they also prayed for the success of the Rt. Hon. Sheriff oborevwori’s administration.
Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori Ossai Ovie Success
Sheriff Junior Oborevwori