- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
By Anita Uche Chukwuma- Ugbejie
Delta State Commissioner for Environment, Chief Godspower Asiuwhu, has commended the people of Bulu-Apelebiri, Odorubu, Adobou and Uduophori in Patani Local government Area of the state for supporting the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during the recently conducted general elections in the locality.
The commissioner gave the commendation when he visited the Ward 9 and 10 in the area on a thank-you visit.
Chief Asiuhwu said there was the need to appreciate those who made the party proud during the elections, stressing that women in the community particularly worked hard to give victory to the party.
He called on them not to be tired of supporting the PDP as they would continue to receive dividends of democracy, adding that it was heartwarming that the Okowa Administration was being succeeded by another PDP administration in the state, just as he assured of their welfare.
The commissioner promised to always hold interactive meetings with them on a regular basis.
Some of the women leaders, Doris Ejenavi and Edith Omaroye, expressed gratitude to the commissioner for the unprecedented visit, saying they would continue to support the party.