- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
Governor Sheriff Oborevwori of Delta State has congratulated renowned elder statesman and former Minister of Information, Prof. Sam Oyovbaire as he celebrates his 82nd birth anniversary on Friday.
Oyovbaire, a former Chairman of the Delta State Advisory Council and the Governing Council of Delta State University, Abraka, is a renowned academic and astute politician.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Sir Festus Ahon, in Asaba, Oborevwori lauded the renowned Professor of Political Science for his contributions to the development and growth of Delta and Nigeria.
He recalled that Oyovbaire, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), played a significant role in his emergence as Governor having supported the move for an Urhobo of Okpe extraction to emerge as Governor of the State.
The Governor specially commended the former Minister of Information for his steadfastness and fatherly advice, adding that he would continue to treasure his fatherly counseling at all times.
Oborevwori said: “On behalf of my family, the Government and people of Delta, I wish to congratulate our father and leader of inestimable value, Prof. (Chief) Sam Ejite Oyovbaire, on the occasion of his 82nd birth anniversary.
“As you celebrate this day, I congratulate you for your amazing forthrightness, exceptional patriotism, and remarkable dedication to mankind and nation-building.
“It is my pleasure to join your family, friends, and well-wishers in thanking Almighty God for His continued guidance, protection, and provision for you in the past 82 years”.