- Jite Attends Okowa's Reception, Says Okowa Came, Saw and Conquered.
- UYLA congratulates Aguariavwodo, Ahon on appointments
- Oborevwori greets Mike Adiotomre at 85
- FUEL SCARCITY: OBOREVWORI CAUTIONS FUEL MARKETERS AGAINST HOARDING, PRICE HIKE
- BE PASSIONATELY COMMITTED TO YOUR DUTIES, AHON URGES GOVERNOR'S PRESS CREW
Kofi Inaugurates Primary Schools Teachers Screening/ Verification Committee
By Noah Aghogho Edeamrigho
On Tuesday 17th August, 2021
Earlier on Tuesday 17th August, 2021, the Executive Chairman of Ughelli South Local Government Council, Hon.Dr.Richard Kofi (JP), inaugurated Ughelli South Teachers Screening/ Verification Committee.
The inaugural session earlier took place at the chamber of the council’s Exco, Otu-Jeremi town, Ughelli South LGA (Delta State).
According to Kofi,
“The committee is not to witch-hunt any teacher or the local Education Authority, the local government is overwhelmed by the huge wage bill of Primary Schools Teachers in Ughelli South LGA.”
Kofi while addressing members of the inaugurated committee, uploads that the committee is to carry out their works via the bellow formats:
- To ascertain the actual members of Primary Schools Teachers in Ughelli South LGA, their salary grade level, date a of employment and date of birth.
- To conduct physical verification of Teaching and non Teaching Staff of the (LEA) Local Education Authority.
- To ascertain the Primary Schools Teachers salaries in Ughelli South Local Government Area, using the 2018, 2019, and 2020 payroll as templates.
- To correct obvious anomalies in the preparations of Primary Schools Teachers salaries’s in the LGA.
- To ascertain allegations of the ghost teachers and dead persons still drawing salaries if any.
- The committee has a time-frame of 3 weeks to submit its report.
Members of the committee are:
- Barr. Joel Akpesiri Opete – Chairman
- Hon. Mary Andrew Majemite – Member
- Mr.Austin Emaduku (HPM) Member
- Mr.Etakebo Bishop Ovwoke(TLG) Member
- Mr.Akpede Christopher (HPM) Local Education Authority LEA – Member
- Mr. Adaboke Emmanuel NUT Chairman Ughelli South – Member
- Mr. Oderhohwo Robinson (Internal Auditor) Member
- Mrs. Lucy Emegbo (HOD Education) Member
- Mr. Atuya Lucky Establishment Officer Ughelli South – Secretary
The chairman of the committee, Barr. Opete Joel Akpesiri, on behalf of the committee , thanked the council chairman for counting graciously on them to pilot such pivotal’s eminence of duties, we will not disappoint the council’s welfare administrative agenda, Opete added.
At the inaugural ceremony, the LEA Secretary was represented by Mr.Siosekeyen Sunny, and others who also witnessed the ceremony includes, the Vice Chairman of the Council, Hon.Mrs. Victoria Jowha, Hon.Okeoghene Ubrurhe- SLG, Rt.Hon.Junior Arhavwarien Leader Ughelli South Legislative Arm, Sir Sunday Mrakpor KSM- Supervisor for Finance Ughelli South, Hon. Margaret Evurosa – Supervisor for Health, Hon.Edwin Oghojefa- Supervisor for Works, Comrade Emmanuel Fovie – NULGE Chairman Ughelli South, and Mr.Jimmy Faka Gordon – Administrative Secretary to the Council Chairman.
The newly inaugurated committee members were congratulated and also gave prayers to have God’s protections and directives as they go ahead with their expected responsibilities.