- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
By Moses Darah
Three female students of the Department of Languages and Linguistics, Delta State University, Abraka on Wednesday, 6th September, 2023 in Okpara-Inland received cheques of N300,000 as beneficiaries of the third edition of the 2023 Olorogun James Amudia & Mrs Rhoda Mowoe Scholarship Funds.
The recipients, Ufuoma Okere (Udu), Oghenefejiro Godwin (a non Urhobo from Isoko) and Emily Akpomedaye (Orogun) were grateful to the Mowoe’s family and the Urhobo Historical Society for the scholarship and promised to be ambassadors of Urhobo in character and learning. They also vowed to live up to the expectations of the donors and make effort to be active members of Urhobo Historical Society in future.
The event was moderated by the immediate past Dean, Faculty of Arts, DELSU, Abraka, and Director, UHS, Headquarters Okpara-Inland, Prof Sunny Awhefeada in Urhobo language. He charged the Urhobo people at home and diaspora to take seriously the studies, documentation and preservation of the Urhobo language, culture, literature, religion, craft, art, science, technology, commerce, industry, scholarship, music, occupation, scholarship, and medicine.