- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
The lingering and escalating conflict that has persisted unabated for so long between Aladja Community of Udu Local Government Area and Ogbe-Ijaw Community of Warri South West Local Government Area both in Delta State, this has brought about untold hardship due to the huge loss of lives and properties.
However, it is worthy of note that the immediate past Executive Governor, of Delta State, Sen. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, actually took the bull by the horn by constituting a Committee to carry out demarcation of the disputed land to the agreement of both Communities but was unfutunately inconclusive before the end of his Administration. As it was only one side of the disputed land to the linking road, that the demarcating structure could be erected.
It is in this light that we, the good people of Udu Kingdom passionately appeal to His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori, the Executive Governor of Delta State to put machinery in place in the completion of the Demarcation Excersice on the disputed land between the two Communities that will ensure a final end.
On behalf of HRM Owhorhu 1, Dr. Barr. E. B. O. Delekpe JP and the good people of Udu Kingdom, we want to also use this medium to specially appreciate His Excellency, Rt. Hon Sherrif Oborevwori for his timely intervention with the deployment of Security Agencies to the warring Communities in restoring normalcy. We are hopeful, counting on the Governor’s decision to revisit the White Paper with a view to take measures that will bring a lasting solution to the crisis