- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
By Henry Ubus
All standing Revenue Committees in Udu Local Government Area of Delta State have been dissolved with effect from today today Friday 31st day of March, 2023.
The Executive Chairman, Udu Local Government Council, Hon. Chief Jite Brown, (JP) in a statement signed by Secretary to Udu LGC, Hon. Dawho Samuel has approved the immediate dissolution of all Revenue Committees in Udu Local Government Area on this 31st day of March, 2023, all those appointed to collect revenue for and on behalf of the Local Government Council since 2022 till date, in compliance with section 74 (1-3) of the Local Government Law of Delta State 2004 which prohibits the delegation of such responsibilities.
Consequently, all those affected by the dissolution are to hand over all government properties including council receipts in their possession to the office of the Secretary to the Local Government within 24 hours of this announcement.
They are therefore warned to stop further collection of revenue on behalf of Udu Local Government Council, as such action would amount to illegality and defaulters will be handed over to law enforcement agencies for prosecution.
However, all Revenue dues are to be paid directly to the Udu Local Government Council Account domiciled at Union Bank, (Account number: 0011643073, Account name: Udu Local Government).
The Local Government Council Chairman, sincerely appreciate all members for their individual and collective contributions towards the development of the Local Government, and wish them well in their future endeavours.
A new Committee shall be inaugurated in due course.
This directive takes immediate effect. The statement added.