- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
By Moses Darah
Since the Eku-Abraka road is no longer motorable due to its abandonment by the Federal Government of Nigeria, commuters and motorists have turned to the near collapsed old road as the only route.
Unfortunately, on daily basis, heavily armed gunmen storm the failed Eku-Abraka road in Ethiope East Local Government Area to whisk away road users at will. The only road we are managing has been taken over by armed robbers and kidnappers.
Even if you or your relative is not a victim today, tomorrow is pregnant. Presently, the fear of the Eku-Abraka road is the beginning of safety from kidnappers and armed robbers.
This is to call on the Governor of Delta State, Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori, Chairman of Ethiope Local Government Council, Pharm Ofobrukueta Victor, security agents and community leaders to immediately swing into action.
This is also to urge us to pray for the freedom and safety of victims currently held in the dens of kidnappers so that God Almighty that delivered Apostles Peter, Paul and Silas will also deliver them in Jesus’ name! Amen.
Everyone must key into the proposed protest by Dean of Obiaruku Deanery and Parish Priest of Christ the King Catholic Church, Obiaruku, Very Rev Fr Dr Christopher Ekabo JP to led a protest to the draw the attention of the President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration to carry out immediate repair of the Eku-Abraka-Obiaruku road.