- UUC Congratulates Blessyn Brume-Ataguba On Confirmation As Federal Commissioner Appreciates President Tinubu Over Appointment
- UNCLE FRED: SOARING ON A SOLITARY WING
- Ukodhiko felicitates ex-Reps Minority Leader, Ndudi Elumelu at 59
- UYLA commends Oborevwori over relocation of two Faculties to Orerokpe
- Ukodhiko congratulates business-mogul Eta Enahoro at 61
By Ambrose Ologide
Following the fire disaster in Ohoror Community along Ughelli/Port Harcourt Road , a Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) Ughelli / Udu Federal House of Representatives aspirant, Olorogun (Hon) Eunice Daji Okoh, has called for the building of parks for tankers in the area.
The Okwagbe born political icon made the call in an interaction with news men when she visited the fire ravaged community.
She explained that the visit was to commiserate with victims of the fire disaster and called for the immediate evacuation of petroleum tankers from the area, just as she reasoned that her suggested tanker parks would also serve as a source of revenue to the state government.
She appealed to the three tiers of government, corporate organisations and public spirited Nigerians to come to the aids of victims of the fire disaster.
The Executive Chairman of Ughelli North Local Government Council, Hon Godwin Adode; the Councillor of Ward 9 at Uwherun, Hon Bonny Samuel; the Otota R’ Ode of Uwherun Kingdom, High Chief Edward Eyamu; the President General of Uwherun Kingdom, Chief Igbedi MacPherson; the Chairman of Ohoror Community, Mr. Igometi Augustine and others who spoke to journalists were full of praises for Olorogun ( Hon ) Okoh for the visit.
The community leaders among them noted that it was the first time a political aspirant paid such a visit .