- Delta State Govt. Pledges Swift Action In Addressing Ughelli South Oil Spillage
- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
The Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori has expressed sadness over the demise of the wife of the Speaker of the Kogi State House of Assembly, Mrs Esther Zenab Kolawole.
Mrs Kolawole died on Sunday , December 5th, 2021, after a brief illness. She was 50 years old.
In a Statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Dennis Otu, the Speaker said that he was shocked with the news of the wife of his colleague and personal friend, Rt Hon (Prince) Matthew Kolawole.
“The news of the demise of the amiable wife of my friend and Honourable Speaker of the Kogi State House of Assembly, Rt Hon (Prince) Matthew Kolawole came to me as a rude shock. The death of Mrs Esther Zenab Kolawole is a very painful one. So sad that such a wonderful woman and a solid pillar to my friend is gone. I must say that her untimely demise is a big blow”, he said.
He added that ; “She lived a life worth emulating. But it is so painful that death snatched her away at a time she was most needed, but we cannot question God on why He called her so soon. We are going to miss her greatly”.
While praying for her gentle soul to rest in perfect peace, the Speaker said that; “I want to tell my friend, the Honourable Speaker of the Kogi State House of Assembly, Rt Hon (Prince) Matthew Kolawole that my prayers and thoughts are with him, the children, siblings, aged mother and others she left behind”.