- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
By Henry Ubus
Executive Chairman of Udu Local Government Council Hon.Chief Jite Brown (JP) has pledged support towards the eradication of poliomyelitis in Udu Local Government area of Delta State.
The Udu Council Boss who disclosed this recently during the LGA level training of the second round of the OBR 2023 campaign at Otor-Udu Headquarters of Udu Local Government Council commended the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (DSPHCDA) and donor agencies for the synergy and dogged commitment to stamp out the menace.
Health promotion officer Udu Primary health care Authority, Mrs. Joy Ekokota while thanking Hon.Jite for his continuous supports, called on mothers to take advantage of the exercise to immunise their uder- five children with the oral polio vaccine.
She said the campaign is targeted at immunising children from 0 to 59 months, with two drops of the oral polio vaccine, regardless of previous immunisation status, adding that the idea was to catch children, who were either not immunised or only partially protected, with a view to boosting their immunity status.
“It is absolutely necessary that children get repeated immunisation to fully protect them against polio. We must build a wall of immunity to fully protect the Nigerian child from polio virus, which can only be achieved through multiple dose of oral polio vaccines,” she said.