- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
- Chairman Local Govt. Service Commission Lauds Jite's Developmental strides
- Arhiyor commends Oborevwori for donating land for Union's secretariat
By Henry Ubus
The Executive Chairman of Udu Local Government Council, Hon. Chief Jite Brown (JP) has felicitated with Christians on the celebration of this year’s Easter.
Jite urged Christians to emulate Jesus Christ by making sacrifices that will advance the course of development during the Easter celebrations.
The Udu Council Boss in an Easter message made known to news men assured the people of Udu that he will continue to make sacrifices for the Local Government and ensure good governance.
According to the Aberen of Udu Kingdom “Easter exemplifies the ultimate sacrifice made by Jesus Christ to save mankind, as individuals, Christians must take into consideration the welfare of others.
“He called on the good people of Udu to re-dedicate themselves as they reflect on the ideals of Easter Celebration as he stressed the need to shun intolerance and divisiveness and instead embrace mutual understanding, love and respect.
“He said Easter is a period of fresh beginning, forgiveness, love and friendship. The Chief security Officer of Udu urged the privileged to reach out to the less privileged as everyone works to deepen the culture of true Christianity.
“Good neighbourliness, selflessness, and patience were among the several lessons taught and exemplified by Jesus Christ.” Jite added.