- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
Delta State Government, Monday, alerted Deltans and the general public against falling prey to the activities of scammers whose specialty was fooling the unsuspecting public in order to obtain unjust financial favours under the guise of giving them appointments.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Sir Festus Ahon, who reiterated the warning for the third time, said some criminal elements were impersonating the Secretary to the State Government, Dr Kingsley Emu; Chief of Staff to the Governor, Hon Johnson Erijo and himself to defraud unsuspecting members of the public.
In a statement in Asaba, the Governor’s image maker warned the populace to beware of these phone numbers: “08023138247, 09025320424, 09026109796, 08023138247” or any other number the fraudsters may decide to use, purporting to be the Delta SSG, Chief of Staff to the Governor, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor or any other top government appointee.
He maintained that the said phone numbers did not belong to any of the stated government appointees, but were being used by the scammers to con people for money.
Ahon, appealed to security agencies to take necessary action on the matter to prevent people from losing their hard-earned money to the con artists.
The State Government further warned members of the public to be wary and not allow themselves to be duped by the fraudsters parading themselves as agents of the State Government, adding that the Government does not collect money to appoint people.