- Association holds grand celebration for SVC diamond jubilee anniversary, Dec 9
- Crude Oil Theft: Concerns heighten asvessel steals crude from Ondo coastal oil facility
- Delta vows to issue CofO, other land documents in 3 months
- Esther Tonlagha's Birthday Extravaganza Sets The Night Ablaze With Glorious Celebrations!"
- OML 34: NEPL/ND-Western JV Puts Smiles On Faces Of Youths With Starter Packs Worth Millions After Skills Training
Delta State’s Governor-Elect and Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori, has felicitated with Muslims across the country as they celebrate this year’s Eid El-Fitr, urging them to rededicate themselves to the teachings of Prophet Mohammad.
In a Press Statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Dennis Otu, Rt Hon Oborevwori, who is also the National Deputy Chairman of the Conference of Speakers of State Legislatures of Nigeria, stressed the need for inter-religious harmony in Nigeria.
Part of the statement read: “As Muslims globally celebrate Eid Mubarak, I urge our Muslim brothers and sisters to continue to pray for the peace, unity, and progress of Nigeria….I believe that no matter our faith, religion should be more than a badge of identity; it should also serve as a vehicle to contribute to the socio-economic advancement of our country.”
Rt Hon Oborevwori prayed that the bonds of friendship, service, and commitment to the unity and peaceful co-existence of Nigeria will be renewed and strengthened in this season. He encouraged Nigerians to remain hopeful about the future of Nigeria, notwithstanding the current economic and security challenges.