- Delta State Govt. Pledges Swift Action In Addressing Ughelli South Oil Spillage
- Kofi Congratulates Delta Highways And Urban Roads Commissioner- Izeze On His Birthday
- APSON To Honour Exemplary Leaders Ezewu, Oyibode, Jite, Uviejitobor, Others December 9th"
- DTSG Raises Alarm on Inflation Surge and Increased Living Costs Following Subsidy Removal
- Delta Guber: How Oborevwori Defeated Omo-agege, Gbagi, Pela
By Elo Edremoda, Warri
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has explained that the ravaging COVID-19 Delta variant is not in any way synonymous with Nigeria’s Delta State, which he governs.
The governor made the clarification Friday, during the commissioning of projects executed in Sapele and Ethiope West council areas of the state.
He also tasked Deltans to continue to practice all protocols against the pandemic.
Governor Okowa especially urged the people of Delta State to keep adhering to all the stipulated precautionary measures by wearing their face masks and using the sanitary sanitizers at all times.
Addressing the people in the course of the projects commissioning, Okowa noted with concern that many Nigerians believe that the COVID-19 pandemic no longer exists in the country.
“The numbers are now on the rise and prevalent, especially in Lagos State. Even though the variant Delta is not synonymous with Delta State, I am seriously appealing to all the good people of Delta State to use the face mask and the sanitizers, as prescribed.
“We must all do the needful to ward off the pandemic in the State,” he stated.